Changing font size for printing

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by GrreatRon, Jun 19, 2008.

1. GrreatRon

GrreatRon Sergeant

I have an HP deskjet 5150 and I would like to have the printer use larger print than the default size. Does anyone have a suggestion on how I can do this?

2. akhilles

akhilles First Sergeant

In your program, adjust the font size, if that's what you mean. Or click Print/Page Setup in File menu, set it up to increase the size.

3. GrreatRon

GrreatRon Sergeant

Thanks for the response. I know how to change the font size on the screen - what I want to do is to print anything so that the printer will print a larger font than the default size.

Any ideas?

4. ralph3124

ralph3124 Private First Class

What I usually do is copy/paste the document into Word (or WordPad/Notepad). Select all and change the font to a larger type.

5. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

This is what I do as well. The printer itself does not have a default font size.

6. sosaman

sosaman Sergeant Major

it would probably be better to change the font size in your file (at least you will know if it will fit on a page). see if you have this setting (screenshot below) "% of size" (of course that will change the size of everything)? g/l, sos

Attached Files:

7. akhilles

akhilles First Sergeant

^^^ That's what I meant. Either change your document font size or use that properties window to resize the output, but it may be too large for a letter.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds