changing primary hard drives

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ravean, Oct 20, 2004.

1. ravean

ravean Private E-2

my" primary" is full and need to make my secondary my primary. it has alot more room. primary is only 3gig and xp has used it all up can not load any more updates etc. i believe i have transfered everything to the other drive now just need to know how to get it to boot from that drive instead of the primary and then want to wipe the now primary can anyone help or am i screwed :rolleyes:

2. krazykrl

krazykrl Sergeant Major

You best option would be to image the 3GB drive to the new, so all files get copied over and you could just switch the cables.

3. shinji

shinji Private E-2

change jumper master\slave on U'r HD.. normaly it will do the job automaticly.. if not then go in U'r bios to change it manualy and also change U'r boot sequence.

hope it help

p.s. sup {wizard}

4. {wizard}

{wizard} Private First Class

sup shinji

the best option available to you is to *ghost* your primary hdd using the disk to image thing, and then use ghost again on your *other* drive using the disk FROM image,

or if your 2 drive are 2 *logical* drives from the same physical drive...use partion magic to merge or change the size of your actual partition

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds