Changing the font size of an output file in batch

Discussion in 'Software' started by red death68, Aug 28, 2011.

1. red death68

red death68 Command Sergeant Major

ok so I am now in college and need to know what day of the week it is so i can tell what schedual to follow so i was making a batch file to fetch the day of the week everyday and save the results to word pad in size 72 font

problem is that i cant find a way to save the output to size 72 font any ideas

basicly i want the final output file to be written with size 72 font

2. GermanOne

GermanOne Guest

Use the RTF file format for wordpad documents. RTF is a markup language (similar to HTML but with comletely different syntax). Just use Google to find RTF tutorials. The \fsX marks the font size where X is the fontsize * 2 (144 for 72pt).
    Code:
    @echo off &setlocal
    set "today=08/28/2011"
    >test.rtf echo {\rtf1\fs144 %today%}
    start "" wordpad "test.rtf"

Regards
    GermanOne

3. red death68

o ty very much man i figured you would know the solution

4. GermanOne

GermanOne Guest

Unfortunately my knowledge in RTF is very poor and I'm sure saving Word .DOCs as .RTF won't help you. Here you can find some documentation and examples.

Regards
    GermanOne

5. red death68

thank you but i used your code and spliced it a little with a differnt code and now it works perfectly and then cleans up after its self

so once again ty you were a big help man

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds