Changing vid cards in Dell Laptops?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Erik_787, Jun 19, 2005.

1. Erik_787

Erik_787 Private E-2

I have a Dell Inspiron 5100 with a Mobility Radeon 7500, and I would desperatly like to upgrade. I had always heard that with laptops you were stuck with the card you had, but recently I heard something about Dell's being upgradeable. Would it be possible to upgrade mine?

2. Olley

Olley Sergeant

to be honest i dont think so.. but u should ask Dell about this, write them an email or call them

3. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

4. Ira_Gaines

Ira_Gaines Private E-2

This is way off topic but I didn't want to make a new thread. My new dell laptop came with a plastic place holder over the PC slot. Do I need to keep that in there when my wifi card isn't in?

5. A.Son

A.Son Sergeant

yeah that 's right when you pull plastic out and seeing a closed door is OK, to advoid damage if somethings drop in and you do not know put wifi into.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds