1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

chckdsk and Safe mode boot Issues

Discussion in 'Software' started by heck27, Feb 9, 2006.

1. heck27

heck27 Private E-2

Hey guys, I'm having a problem, for some reason everytime I start my system it tries to run chckdsk , it takes a long time to scan and stops at 83% so i have to reboot my pc and skip the scan. Also I've tried to reboot on Safe mode , I get the black screen with all the drivers that are loadin up but it just hangs at certain point and the system wont reboot. What can be causing these problems ? :confused: Thanks for the help
  2. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

See if THIS helps.

It would also be a good idea to check your drive with the manufacturer's utility.