Check This Out!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ThisChick, Nov 26, 2004.

1. ThisChick

ThisChick Corporal

Ok guys I need help once again...So bare with me....I am looking for a new motherboard and cpu mainly for gaming. I am building another computer like I said weeks ago, and This perticular computer is only going to be for gaming.

So do you think this is a good mainboard and cpu or should I get something else?

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1017848&CatId=1181

If you have a better alternative and if it is at least a few bucks more, tell me. And if is a little bit cheaper even better...

thankyou all in advance
    pam...

2. ThisChick

ThisChick Corporal

So far no comments...Does this mean is mad......

3. Shuji Onizuka

Shuji Onizuka Private E-2

This should be fine for your gaming needs just get a good graphics card and the basics and your set.

4. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

Heres is my advice. Dont shop off of tigerdirect us newegg.com. I used to use tigerdirect until they totaly screwed up my order and then wouldn't do anything about it. Not to say newegg has never screwed up my order but the once time they did they fixed it immediately.

5. Doby

Doby Sergeant

6. Turcoloco

Turcoloco MajorGeek

Hello guys, I always compare prices on www.pricewatch.com most of the time quality and price wise it is even better than eBay!

7. ThisChick

ThisChick Corporal

Interesting, I think I'll buy that....thankyou...and thankyou all for your post....if anyone could find someting better than what Doby just showed me i'll be grad but so far so good...thanks

pam...

8. Turcoloco

Turcoloco MajorGeek

Yes for $240, that is not a bad combo either, but for another $135 more (if you could spare?) you could get the AMD 64 3500+ with a 939-pin architecture which is more advanced and powerful than the one used on AMD 64 3000+. http://24x7pc.com/mbcombomicrostar.htm

Also if you are a real gaming nut, consider the newest SLI technology that will be used to connect two PCI Express Video card kinda like the good old 3Dfx's Vodoo2 1000 PCI cards....now that is some real power!

No matter what you decide on, make sure you buy only the brand name, high quality components. A lot of people concentrate on then quantity or the $$$ and forget about compatibility, reliability and lose on the long run.
    Power Supply is often an overlooked component, don't! Stable and adequte power is the key to overall system stability. Not the maximum but the consistant power output is very critical, also the Amp value for +5 voltage.

RAM is another thing, buy only top quality make/models that are also compatible with your mobo (I know it is kinda 'duh').

Another critical thing is the case/cpu/hd/video card cooling..I no longer spend more than $10 for the entire system cooling, may be not the quitest method but it is not too bad also can't beat an $8 10" box fan's cooling, not even with liquid cooling! If you like the pics let me know.

Then comes Video card and HardDisk options....oh boy, I could go on and on.

Good Luck.

Turco

9. Doby

Doby Sergeant

Turcoloco is very right 939 pin is the better if you plan to upgrade the cpu later on, plus it has dual channel ram capabilites 754 pin does not. Amd will not make 754 pin cpu's after 2004 so upgrade possibilites end there. But the price is so good now for 754. I am thinking about a Abit Kv8 and Amd 3400 for around $317 pretty good when you consider the 3400 I priced has 1Mb L2 cach.

Rick

10. ThisChick

ThisChick Corporal

Well I am not looking for the top of the line mainboard and cpu, I just want one fast enough so I could be able to put it in my car..I am thinking about Doing that kinda modd....Cause if i get my car stolen it is going to hurt loosing that....And I just want something that is not going to take 1 minute to both or 35 seconds to shutdown...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds