Checking ADSL2+ Modem settings

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Kendrite, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Kendrite

Kendrite Private E-2

Hi all,

My father in law recently upgraded to ADSL2+ with Optus. Running the test on www.speedtest.net he was getting download speeds of ~3.1 Mbps.

I only have uncapped ADSL1 (all I can get) and get speeds of ~7Mbps which makes me think something is wrong with his connection.

I know distance from exchange can effect things with ADSL2+ so maybe that is the reason? I went into his modems settings and this is info I got from it:

image001.jpg

I think the attenuation seems fairly high from what I've read but would it cause such slow speeds? I'm honestly not sure about most of the other info, does it seem normal or within an acceptable range?

Any advice or info would be wonderful. As it stands it seems he'd be better of going back to ADSL1 and getting the better speeds but wanted to check options here first.

Thanks in advance.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds