chinese language (virus)

Discussion in 'Software' started by manzoor, Jul 18, 2008.

1. manzoor

manzoor Private E-2

I do not know whether its the correct forum post this question or not, so I apologize.

I had some sort of Chinese tool in the IE Toolbar (where the refresh, stop, back,forward buttons are) I looked into the ADD/Remove Programs and there were two unknown softwares installed, I uninstalled them, run a NOD32 scan, it founded some viruses, but it couldn't remove it, even though it showed that they were removed but every time i do another scan I found them again...

MY IE homeppage was changing continuously, then I reinstalled my Windows as I couldn't get connected to the Internet. Now when I my OS has been reinstalled I run a another NOD32 Antivirus scan but it says that my system is clean.

When I click my hard drives (C:, D: ) It gives me the Open With option
    Although after I have formatted my C: drive, the C: drive is now fine, but the rest are same. And when I right click them, In place of Open and Explore I get two chinese option i dont know what they are. I clicked them but still get the Open With option

So i believe the virus is still hiding there, but what to do, nod32 isn't detecting them :(

Could it be a problem of something else

2. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

3. manzoor

manzoor Private E-2

while running combofix i get Date error

Check your settings

4. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

Date error can happen for several reasons, try right clicking your clock, click adjust date and time, and syncronise with web.

5. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

It can also happen if the cmos battery needs replacing.
    You can also press del, or f2 , immediately you start your computer, and keep tapping the key ,slowly, to get into the Bios setup. When in there, click the tabs until you see date/time settings, and reset the date. Then click f10/save and exit, and let it restart.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2008
  6. manzoor

manzoor Private E-2

none works

7. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

What will not work- getting into bios ? This sometimes has to be done quickly, before it goes completely through the post, otherwise it will miss it -Could be f1, to get into your Bios - can you tell us which computer, or motherboard you have ?

8. manzoor

manzoor Private E-2

Got in the bios, reset it, but still getting Date Error

9. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

Seems it could be the cmos battery. I have had this with some computers, and sometimes , if it will not stay fixed , and automatic, after changing the cmos battery, and online time syncronising, I have had to change the motherboard.

10. manzoor

manzoor Private E-2

What should I do?

11. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

You will get a date or time error with combofix uninstall it, but the best option for you before uninstalling is to run the Guide as posted and start a new thread in the malware forum and attach the requested logs as the members in that area are experts in removing malware and those tools used.

12. manzoor

manzoor Private E-2

how to uninstall ? and which guide do you meant ? read and run me first ?

I have all the logs except for the ComboFix

13. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Yes the read me READ & RUN ME FIRST. Malware Removal Guide

and post what logs you could get, at later date Malware guys may ask you to run combofix again.

To uninstall Combofix, click Start > Run type CMD and then dependent on the location you installed combofix to navigate to its location using the cd switch ( so if desktop it would be cd /desktop ) and paste this combofix /u and hit enter.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds