Choice of motherboard.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Màdevilz, Aug 6, 2004.

1. Màdevilz

Màdevilz Private E-2

Should I go Nforce 3 or KT800?
    Which one would give me better performance in-game?

2. Màdevilz

Màdevilz Private E-2

thx for advice.

3. JJJIrish05

JJJIrish05 Sergeant

yes, nForce is better and i do like ASUS, but do u already have a case? if you do make sure the motherboard works with your case, if your case has extra usb port, and other things in the front, make sure the board has places for you to plug it in, i just had a friend not do that and not the front usb port are useless because his MB doesn't support that, so just check that out too

4. Steak and Eggs

Steak and Eggs Private First Class

anyboy have a shuttle av49n mb? or anybody with a brand shuttle mb? I just bought one to put in the computer im building for MYSELF and MYSELF only, lol. Just wondering if these are cheap p.o.s or if they are decent mb's. lmk, thnx

5. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

I just wanted to pipe in so your confident, if I was building an AMD system, I would nto hesitate to go NForce, and Asus has a reputation for great boards for literally as long as I can remember.

6. Steak and Eggs

so shuttle is like the not the best but not bad either right? i got kinda of the higher end of their products, p4 533fsb up to 3.2ghz i believe and 3 slots for up to 3 gb of ddr2700(not the best but good enough). the manual that came wit it said it has a via p4x400 N.B. and Via VT8235 S.B., i think thats an intel chip right??? since i only paid i think 40 bucks for this board, i think its pretty good. wheres a good website to look at asus boards?

and they cant be as bad as an emachines board right? :rolleyes:

7. Steak and Eggs

what ya'll think about this deal? ASUS MB what exactly is does RAID do? and do i have to have some "special" components for RAID or will any ata133 hd work? and when it says dual channel memory you have to have at least two sticks of memory in there right? lol, sorry for all the dumb noob questions. :cool:

8. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

I did not respond to Shuttle because I think Mastertech did a good job of explaining its a middle of the road board, its no PC Chips , but its no Asus either.

9. Steak and Eggs

really appreciate mastertech, on that board that i showed u, woudl you HAVE to use the RAID. or could you just run it like normal with raid off?

10. Steak and Eggs

ok, thnx for tha info. that raid stuff was really confusing me for a while. so i can still use a harddrive on a motherboard like normal even if it is cabable of using the raid. or if i wanted to use two hd's i coudl still hook em up liek master and slave just like normal.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds