Choosing a Card...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gamer-one, Oct 17, 2004.

1. gamer-one

gamer-one Private E-2

Hi, I,ve searched around a lot on the net and this is probaly the best best forum to get my answer.

I am looking at a Sapphire 9600XT 128MB Ultimate Edition and a Regular ATi 9600XT.

These cards look the same and everything. But its jsut the price that changes a lot of stuff.

So what I want to is, whice one do you recommend me getting.
    (Money is not a factor)

Thanks.

2. suesman

suesman First Sergeant

Well Ultimate Edition has that cool ( pardon the pun ) heatpipe thingy. I didn't notice anything different in the clock speeds & such.

[​IMG]

3. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

Heat pipe w/o fan tends to run alot hotter at stock speeds but overclock slightly better by 1-5mhz.

4. suesman

suesman First Sergeant

Yes I meant to mention that. I used to have a Zalman Heatpipe on this Ti4200 & it worked just fine, but you do need to have adequate ventilation throughout the case.

5. BeerMonkey

BeerMonkey Master Sergeant

If money is no factor, why dont you get a X800?

6. gamer-one

gamer-one Private E-2

well obviously you can see that when i mention only the 9600xt version that money around that range but thanks for all the info.

But i been thinking and i think that if its built by ati themselves u can trusat it more. Its just my opinion what you guys think?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds