Choosing between these mechanical keyboards.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by I.Need.Help, Feb 10, 2015.

1. I.Need.Help

I.Need.Help Private E-2

Evening Geeks.

I was looking for some advice on choosing a fairly top end mechanical keyboard for gaming. The main points i was looking for are:

Lit up keys.
    Some extra programmable buttons.
    Maybe a gimmick.

I've narrowed it down somewhat to these few which are around the £100-£130 mark.

Razor Blackwidow (the newer ones)
    Logitech g710
    Mad Catz S.T.R.I.K.E 5 (My favourite based on looks and functions)
    Roccat RYOS Mk Pro
    Logitech G910 looks awesome but i don't know if it's even available yet and it's on the top end of my budget.

By all means suggest more but i get mixed reviews with all of these so it's to hard to pick from someone who used a mainly basic keyboard all this time.
    Don't worry about cheaper things as i'm trating myself to quality. Just nothing more expensive.
    Any advice is appreciated

Regards
    I.N.H

2. DOA

DOA MG's Loki

If at all possible try them out. Fry's has them all laid out so you can feel and hear them. I often use the Logitech 710.
    I have another mechanical keyboard I love, but I seldom use. There are four of us in the family computer room and that keyboard is just too loud. My son has a similar problem because he games while his wife takes a nap, his mechanical keyboard is loud (he uses a headset for sound).
    We both use our G510 for macro capabilities and fairly quiet keys.

3. I.Need.Help

I.Need.Help Private E-2

Sound is no issue and i don't have any way to try and of them out. I mean if the worst happens i can send it back as soon as i get it. it's just comparing the four really but ty for the input :)

4. psco2007

psco2007 Master Sergeant

5. I.Need.Help

I.Need.Help Private E-2

ahh yes, but as a humble Brit i didn't want to import it cuz far to expensive :D
    it is a shame because it looks pretty awesome.

I think i might have decided for the S.T.R.I.K.E 5 much for the fully adjustable grips and such.

6. psco2007

psco2007 Master Sergeant

Didn't realize you were in the U.K.

Sorry.

You might wat to put your location in "About Me".

7. psco2007

psco2007 Master Sergeant

8. I.Need.Help

I.Need.Help Private E-2

Update. the G910 is FAR out of my budget and apparently the S.T.R.I.K.E 5 is non mechanical so that is out too. shame, it looked awesome

9. theefool

theefool Geekified

I have the Corsair Vengance k70, would like to try the k95 RGB. I've tried a few mech keyboards. Love them.

I'll look into getting the Orion Spark, looks interesting.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds