Choppy internet video streaming and laggy games-

Discussion in 'Software' started by Rebbew, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Rebbew

Rebbew Private E-2

Hello there!, so I am new here... didn's find the solution on any post to my problem.

So, here's what happened.

One day windows gave me the option to install 8.1 from the store, so I did.

The installation finished without problems, I run the laptop and after 5 minutes internet goes OFF. It appeared to be connected, with no problems but no way any explorer would surf the web...

I tried everything, from updating the wifi card drver (Atheros AR5B125) and the ethernet one, to change servers and stuff... nothing helped, seemed to be a usual problem with windows 8 and atheros cards... So I went back to W8.

Now, everything works fine on windows 8, except for when I'm playing online games or streaming online video.

I don't know if it is the new dirver for the card... It had a 3.xxxxx dirver, now it has a 10.xxxx driver... a lot newer.

I don't think it's a video card issue because heavy movies from my library play pretty well (full hd movies).

I've erased old registry, all navigation data, and run the anti virus, which I have confirmed doesn't f*cks with any program. (bitdefender total securyti).

Any ideas? Thank you!!!

Greetings!

Gateway NV52L06m
    6gb RAM
    AMD dual-core A6, with RADEON HD 7520G w/520mb graphics.
    500gb HD

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds