Chrome Will Not Download

Discussion in 'Software' started by boneyeye, Dec 29, 2015.

1. boneyeye

boneyeye Corporal

I have uninstalled Chrome on my sister's compt. as it was not working properly. IE is working. I used CCleaner and SuperAntispyware to make sure all was well. I have got replys thanking me for downloading it on both your site and google. Yet it has not downloaded anywhere. What could be wrong.
    Specs: Win7 64bitsystem, IE,Avg Free Edition, 4GB Local Disk, Win Firewall, SuperAntispyware, CCleaner. Maintainance carried out frequently almost daily. Would be greatful for any help Boneyeye

2. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

If you downloaded it using Internet Explorer you need to check your settings for what happens when you download a file, whether it is 'run' or 'save', and if 'save' where the settings have the download location as.
    You need to SEARCH on your win 7 system for a Chrome set up file 'chromesetup.exe'
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/find-file-folder#1TC=windows-7

3. AtlBo

AtlBo Major Geek Extraordinaire

boneyeye...

Gotta ask. Are you sure you are looking in the right place for the file? One other thing. If you are running the browser in a sandbox, downloads may sometimes to go into the sandbox. Usually, a download will be in the downloads folder in the user path. It will be in the same path i.e. C:\Users\User\Downloads in the sandbox if you can find the sandbox folder where the files are kept...

4. boneyeye

boneyeye Corporal

Atlbo, tu so much for answering my query. I did search all files and no Ghrome. but I have solved the problem. when checking the date on Chrome I noticed that my sister had downloaded a 2nd Chrome so I unstalled both Chromes and reinstalled a fresh one which is working well with no probs. tu again. Boneyeye

5. AtlBo

AtlBo Major Geek Extraordinaire

OK...very glad you have resolved this...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds