Classic Start Menu 4.2.1 doesn't show my photo in two columns style

Discussion in 'Software' started by Jesse Newell, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Jesse Newell

Jesse Newell MajorGeek

Under the settings, the Skin tab, I've got Show user picture and Show user name both checked. My user name is showing fine, but in place of the photo I selected, there's just a generic white silhouette against a dark background. If I click on this, the User Accounts control panel comes up, and I can see my photo there, but I just can't see it in the Start menu.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

What Windows version are you using this GUI hack with as many changes to the native GUI may not work as you want, so not seeing your start menu photo could be one of those issues. These issues are non specific so may affect one user and not another.

Only way to really display the user pic and thinking of Windows 7/8/10 is to use original software and settings, and not an add-on app, as user pic works for me in 7/8.1/10 fine.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds