Clean install...2 questions

Discussion in 'Software' started by bocaj, Aug 5, 2008.

1. bocaj

bocaj Private First Class

I just did a clean install, but I have 2 things to ask that I'm having problems locating.

1) MSJAVA, I'm fairly sure I deleted it, but not 100%.
    How can I tell if it's still in the system (WinXP Pro)

2) I'm not sure if the ASUS drivers for my motherboard are installed.
    I know I need the Audio and USB drivers, but I'm going to assume that in order for me to get online with my ethernet connection, that would require some aspect of my motherboard drivers at the least, correct?

Thanks.

2. prometheos

prometheos Staff Sergeant

1. Don't worry, it's available as a download from SUN or Microsoft.
    2. You will need the LAN driver for this motherboard. ASUS maintains a full set of drivers and manuals on their website if you need them. http://support.asus.com/

3. bocaj

bocaj Private First Class

1) Just want to make sure it's completely gone from the system before I install SUN's version

2) What I meant to say was, I assume I must have some drivers working properly since I'm connected now...correct?
    I actually plugged an image in for my clean install and since it's been awhile, I don't quite remember what was done here. lol:eek::confused

4. Main Frame

Main Frame Corporal

You could check in device manager to see if all your drivers are installed properly..

5. Novice

Novice MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds