Cleaning up a Laptop

Discussion in 'Software' started by bruuuce100, Apr 12, 2009.

1. bruuuce100

bruuuce100 Private E-2

I have a Dell C600 Laptop with Windows 2000 on it and would like to clean it up to get more speed out of it, also considering expanding the memory. I have a good laptop also, but use this one mainly for downloading FLAC. files using Burst. Is there a good program I can run to erase all the stuff in the computer without wiping out my Windows 2000, I dont think I have the installation disk anymore. If not, can I make a back-up disc and then just clean everything out and start all over, this poor thing just runs slow and has had a ton of programs loaded on it over the years.

Thanks,

2. Cordialis

Cordialis MajorGeek

No, not really, I believe, but Revo uninstaller is a possibility. You still have to uninstall programs one by one, though. You'll find a number of other cleaning possibilities in there as well. http://majorgeeks.com/Revo_Uninstaller_d5706.html

3. ukclairelouise

ukclairelouise Private E-2

If you still are not having any luck with speading up your laptop, http://www.toshibalife.com has some good tips on how to clean it up

4. Crimson Idol 8

Crimson Idol 8 Private E-2

I would definitely suggest a complete format and reinstallation of Windows rather than just uninstalling programs. There really is nothing better than a fresh install, as it eliminates all the crap and once completed, you can then install only what you NEED to ensure maximum speed. Of course, it'll be helpful to find your installation disc first (or upgrade to XP). :)

5. oma

oma MajorGeek

6. bruuuce100

bruuuce100 Private E-2

Thanks everyone, I will work on it this weekend.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds