Clearing Drop Down List

Discussion in 'Software' started by Oooops!, Jun 18, 2006.

1. Oooops!

Oooops! MajorGeek

Hi!

First, I would like to say a heartfelt "Thanks" to all members for taking the time to help others, no matter how difficult or easy the subject is. Your patience and clear instructions are much appreciated!
    ;)

Ok, enough with the mushy stuff, lol..........
    :p

I would like to clear a drop down list, but don't know how.
    When I plug my camera into the computer to download pictures, an XP Wizzard appears which guides me through the download process. There's a window in which it allows me to name the batch of photos being downloaded. My list is becoming long, and I would like to clear it off. Is that possible to do?
    Thank You.
    :)

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

3. Oooops!

Oooops! MajorGeek

Hi!

Thanks for your help TimW, but unfortunatly, I've ran CCleaner several times since the list started, and it hasn't cleared. (My apologies for not stating that I had tried that).

4. BCGray

BCGray Guest

Ooops do you mean something like this image or am I off base

Attached Files:

5. Oooops!

Oooops! MajorGeek

Thanks BCGray, no, that's not it.

Sorry, I'm such an idiot, I should've looked for the name of the XP wizzard program before I posted,...... the program is called a "Scanner and Camera Wizzard".

The wizzard opens when I plug my camera into the computer USB port. It takes me through a couple of steps to download the photos from my camera. The program allows me to turn pictures clockwise and counterclockwise so that they're upright, and checkmark which ones I want to download to my computer. It askes me to name the batch of photos to be downloaded. Over time, this list has grown into a long drop down box/list. I'd like to delete the list of names, and just keep it named, "Camera Downloads".

A family member has borrowed the camera, so I'm not able to get the wizzard to open to show this drop down list of names for a screenshot.

My explainations aren't too good I'm afraid.

6. Oooops!

Oooops! MajorGeek

A-ha! This isn't a picture from my own computer, I found it using Google Image. This is the Wizard that I'm speaking of and the drop down list that I would like to clear.
    :D

Attached Files:

7. Toni_1947

Toni_1947 Command Sergeant Major

8. Oooops!

Oooops! MajorGeek

Nope, thanks though.
    No problems with the pictures. Each time I name a "group of pictures", the Wizard saves it and creates a drop down list of previously saved names. The Wizard won't allow me to clear the list of names from the drop down list.
    Clear as mud, eh? lol

Attached Files:

9. Toni_1947

OK...how 'bout THIS?
    http://www.computing.net/windowsxp/wwwboard/forum/132851.html

10. Oooops!

Oooops! MajorGeek

Yesss! Oh soooo many thanks!
    Your quote mentioned exactly what I was trying to explain..............................

The website mentioned this fix;

Quoted:
    Try here
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WIA\WiaAcquisitionManager
    in regedit.
    Anytime something like this comes up just go to edit > find in regedit and put a unique word thats in the list of mru.
    Unquote

What do I do? Just go into regedit and delete this "hkey" thing???
    Thanks!

Last edited: Jun 18, 2006
  11. Toni_1947

Following these directions as in that post:
    FIRST!
    Create a restore point!
    Be very careful and delete that puppy!

;)

12. Oooops!

Oooops! MajorGeek

I LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!!!!!!!!
    Gone to create a restore point...............
    Happy happy joy joy

13. Toni_1947

It occurred to me...have you tried Disk Cleanup?
    Maybe that would remove them as they are MRUs and not really needed?

14. Oooops!

Oooops! MajorGeek

Yes, I've tried Disk Cleanup as well, and it had to affect.

I went to;
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WIA\WiaAcquisitionManager
    and saw some of the names that I had used for my pictures. I deleted the sentence that contained the names and rebooted the comptuer. Seems ok so far. I can't test it right now, as I don't have my camera because it's being borrowed.

I created a restore point, so if I screwed up, I can go back, lol.

15. Toni_1947

Well, let's hope it's all good now.
    It sure was a tough nut to crack, eh? :eek:

16. Oooops!

Oooops! MajorGeek

lmao
    Thanks for your help!
    Next time I'll be better prepared with pictures and diagrams and charts and the actual name of the program I'm referring to, and, and, and,............
    snicker snicker
    I'm a nut.
    :p

17. Oooops!

Oooops! MajorGeek

Hi!

Just an update to say Thanks, and to possibly help others with the same problem;

After creating a restore point, I went into the registry and deleted the long list of photo names from within;

I had a chance to test it out today while downloading photos from the camera, and wanted to let you know that the drop down list now only consists of the default name, "pictures". It worked! Yay!
    Thank you for your help.
    :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds