clearing my session in IE

Discussion in 'Software' started by drusmooth, Jan 30, 2007.

1. drusmooth

drusmooth Private E-2

I am having a problem clearing my session in internet explorer. I use the website www.ticketmaster.com. If I load the security code more than 5 times then I get a delay when the system is searching for tickets.

if you do not understand, go to ticketmaster.com, pick an event, and then look for available tickets. you will have to enter a security code. when you enter the word correctly there will be a 5-7 second wait until you are presented with the available tickets. now go back look for tickets but enter the security code inccorectly the first 5 times. the wait for tickets to appear is now 20-30 seconds.

the only way I have found to clear this is to exit and then reopen IE. is this something in internet options I can set or do to avoid this delay? any help would be appreciated

2. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

Since they use Akami.net servers, it could be something on their end. Try it with Firefox, and see if you still get the same behavior.

3. drusmooth

drusmooth Private E-2

its is definitley some kind of session cookie from ticketmaster. it lasts for 20 min. i have a program that I am running in IE and am trying to see if there is something or somewhere I can clear whatever is causing this.

4. drusmooth

drusmooth Private E-2

I get same thing with firefox...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds