Clicked-on Spam/Junk Mail "LINK"!

Discussion in 'Software' started by grc123, Nov 13, 2012.

1. grc123

grc123 MajorGeek

I accidentally/inadvertently (ABSENTMINDEDLY!) just clicked on a link in an email which is in my Junk/Spam folder..

I immediately closed the webpage which opened (just as quickly as it appeared I closed it - if not more quickly than it appeared), re-booted, updated my free version of MalwareBytes (and it's scanning now, as I type this), and am hoping that between this scan and my various layers of security (which to the best of my knowledge/understanding ARE a good bit MORE THAN the "average" internet visitor) are plenty sufficient to handle any "damage" I (potentially) may have incurred...?

Looking back at the message, the link (Asian/Chinese in origin) looks like one of the following (below) in a Google search:

www ._dtxd._info/

https://www.google.com/search?q=www._dtxd._info%2F&btnG=Search&oe=utf-8&rls={moz%3AdistributionID}%3A{moz%3Alocale}%3A{moz%3Aofficial}&client=firefox&gbv=1

OR

www ._dtxd._info/_

https://www.google.com/search?q=www._dtxd._info%2F_&btnG=Search&oe=utf-8&rls={moz%3AdistributionID}%3A{moz%3Alocale}%3A{moz%3Aofficial}&client=firefox&gbv=1

Is there anything else I should do, or might want to do, here, please?

2. cipher

cipher Major Geek Extraordinaire

3. Nick T

Nick T MajorGeek

4. grc123

grc123 MajorGeek

Thank you..the two links are ever-so-slightly "different" (one has an additional underscore after the forward slash, the other ends at the forward slash - www ._dtxd._info/ vs. www ._dtxd._info/_ ) .. Malwarebytes came-back clean..machine running as-per-normal so far...I forgot where to look (VirusTotal) - thanks again very much!

Thank you very much also!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds