clock and date wrong

Discussion in 'Software' started by titch, Aug 14, 2008.

1. titch

titch Private E-2

hi there i'm having the same trouble with the time and date being wron i reset it and it's fine but when i turn computer on again its wrong i have changed the battery and still the same

2. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Have you set the proper Time Zone and synchronized your time with a net time server?

Attached Files:

3. titch

titch Private E-2

yeah have done that when i do that the time and date are right its when i turn the computer off and on again i get the same prob

4. ralph3124

ralph3124 Private First Class

Change the date/time in BIOS. When booting up, hit DELETE key. Should bring you to CMOS setup (AKA BIOS). Change the date/time there & hit apply.

5. chaimjm

chaimjm Staff Sergeant

Is the date going back a few years? If yes then you may have to replace the battery on the board

6. titch

titch Private E-2

the year is fine just the day and time

7. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Not a solution to your problem, but a quick workaround.

Install Neutron.
    Get Neutron 1.07 from http://keir.net/neutron.html
    Only 7Kb in size (yes 7Kb) and not available at MG downloads unfortunately. Works with Vista, too. Hope this helps while you find a proper solution.

Bazza

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds