Clock & date problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by connie8890, Dec 5, 2007.

1. connie8890

connie8890 Private E-2

My clock goes to military time sometimes. This happened after my computer shut down for some strange reason. Also my date on my computer is coming up backwards. Giving the year, month then day. How do I reset it?

2. connie8890

connie8890 Private E-2

Forgot to say what OS I'm running. XP Home edition.

3. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Right click the clock, select Adjust Time & Date. Click the Internet Time tab and click Update Now. To get the date set correctly, go to Control Panel, go to Regional & Language Options, under the Regional Options tab make sure the top box says "English [Untited States]" and the bottom box (Location) also says United States. This should configure the date to MM/DD/YYYY. If the time still goes to 24 hour format, click the Customize button, click the Time tab, and follow the guide shown to set it to 12 hour format. If you have continued time & date troubles, try a system restore to a date right before the weirdness started.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2007
  4. connie8890

connie8890 Private E-2

Thanks dlb. Got it fixed. Don't know how it changed the date format on me. Must have been some sort of virus or spyware.:clap

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds