1. babybearfan

babybearfan Private E-2

I have done everything in the read and run first and this is my resulting logs. Any suggestions???

Thanks in advance.

babybearfan

Attached Files:

2. chaslang

chaslang MajorGeeks Admin - Master Malware Expert Staff Member

Welcome to Major Geeks!

Yes please go back and actually complete all of the instructions.
    • You seem to have skipped step 0 of the READ ME since I still see Viewpoint Manager installed.
    • It looks like you skipped step 2 or did not do it properly.
    • You still have multiple antivirus program installed. See step 3.
    • CounterSpy (or AVG Antispyware as a replacement) was not run and the log was not attached.
    • GetRunKey was not run since the log was not attached.
    • ShowNew was not run since the log was not attached.
    Also you need to describe what problems you are having.

3. babybearfan

babybearfan Private E-2

I removed viewpoint, and corrected my error in step 2. Here are the other logs. I dont recognize more than one antivirus program if you could correct my there it would be appreciated. The problem I am having is everything, from startup to surfing the internet is slow. Before doing what I have done so far, I had continuous pop-ups, which have ceased for now...

Thanks

babybearfan

Attached Files:

4. chaslang

You still did not do step 2 properly. You still have file extensions hidden.

That is not a log from a CounterSpy scan. We need the log that shows what was found and fixed as instructed in the READ ME.

Yahoo Antivirus and Avast!

Multiple antivirus programs alone can cause this.

After uninstalling one of the AntiVirus programs, you will need to attach new logs from ShowNew and HijackThis. Make sure you run ShowNew properly. You did not attach a complete log in your last message. And also tell me what problems now remain. You will need to reboot after uninstalling one of the antivirus programs to see the effect.

5. babybearfan

babybearfan Private E-2

Here are the updated logs. Speed is about the same. Things seem to be running somewhat more smooth, but is still locking up often.

Attached Files:

6. chaslang

Uninstall CounterSpy now if still installed. Some of your logs show it and some do not.

Run this Disable/Remove Windows Messenger to remove Windows Messenger. Do not confuse Windows Messenger with MSN Messenger because they are not the same. Windows Messenger is a frequent cause of popups.

Uninstall the below software:
    J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 3
    Java 2 Runtime Environment, SE v1.4.2_03
    SBC Yahoo! Applications

Make sure you reboot after uninstalling the above!

After reboot, now install the current version of Sun Java from: Sun Java Runtime Environment

Run HijackThis (select Do a system scan only) and select the following lines but DO NOT CLICK FIX until you exit all browser sessions including the one you are reading in right now:

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/fix_homepage/
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/ie/defaults/su/yme/*http://www.yahoo.coml
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {3da70d77-e433-4022-b846-0caa5b791683} - (no file)
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {E69207B6-7907-4EB8-B242-921DD72E3883} - \
    O2 - BHO: 0 - {EC858F36-8904-4AFC-2A94-A900B7507E37} - (no file)
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {ECD909FA-7E73-4206-88E1-1251719A5437} - (no file)
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\jusched.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mmtask] C:\Program Files\Musicmatch\Musicmatch Jukebox\mmtask.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ymbhutrA] C:\WINDOWS\ymbhutrA.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DellSupport] "C:\Program Files\DellSupport\DSAgnt.exe" /startup
    O8 - Extra context menu item: &Search - ?p=ZCxdm472YYUS
    O20 - Winlogon Notify: awvvt - C:\WINDOWS\system32\awvvt.dll (file missing)
    O20 - Winlogon Notify: hggecby - hggecby.dll (file missing)

After clicking Fix, exit HJT.

Copy the bold text below to notepad. Save it as fixme.reg to your desktop. Be sure the "Save as" type is set to "all files" Once you have saved it
    double click it and allow it to merge with the registry.
    Now download The Avenger by Swandog46, and save it to your Desktop.
    • Extract avenger.exe from the Zip file and save it to your desktop
    • Run avenger.exe by double-clicking on it.
    • Check the 'Input script manually' box.
    • Click on the magnifying glass icon.
    • Copy everything in the Quote box below, and paste it in the box that opens:
    • Now click the 'Done' button.
    • Click on the traffic light icon and OK the prompt.
    • You will be prompted to restart, OK the prompt and your PC should reboot, if not, reboot it yourself.
    • A log file from Avenger will be produced at C:\avenger.txt
    Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune. This program does not require an installation. The executable actually runs the program.

NOTE: This program is for Windows XP and Windows 2000 only. ATF Cleaner will remove all files from the items that are checked so if you have some cookies you'd like to save. Please move them to a different directory first.
    • Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
    • Under Main choose: Select All
    • Click the Empty Selected button.
    If you use Firefox browser
    • Click Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
      • NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
    If you use Opera browser
    • Click Opera at the top and choose: Select All
      • NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
    Click Exit on the Main ATF Cleaner menu to close the program.

Now attach the below new logs and tell me how the above steps went.

1. Avenger
    2. GetRunKey
    3. ShowNew
    4. HJT

Make sure you tell me how things are working now!

Reminder Note: Once we have determined you are malware free you will need to disable System Restore, reboot, and re-enable system restore per step 8 of the READ & RUN ME. This only applies to if using WinXP or WinMe.

7. babybearfan

babybearfan Private E-2

Im not sure if this is the correct avenger file that you requested so let me know.

thanks,

babybearfan

Attached Files:

8. babybearfan

babybearfan Private E-2

Here is new HJT.

Attached Files:

9. chaslang

The Avenger fix did not work properly and we will need to ty again. But first use HijackThis to fix the below line:
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {65D886A2-7CA7-479B-BB95-14D1EFB7946A} - (no file)

Then repeat the message # 6 fix again but start at the point where you run Avenger and work thru to the end and attaching new logs. If Avenger does not run properly, you may need to shutdown Comodo BO Clean and Avast to run it properly.

10. babybearfan

babybearfan Private E-2

Here are updated logs.

Attached Files:

11. babybearfan

babybearfan Private E-2

Things are also running much faster now.

thanks,

babybearfan

Attached Files:

12. chaslang

Your logs are clean. If you are not having any other malware problems, it is time to do our final steps:
    1. If we used Pocket Killbox during your cleanup, do the below
      • Run Pocket Killbox and select File, Cleanup, Delete All Backups
    2. If we used ComboFix, you can delete the ComboFix.exe file, C:\ComboFix folder, C:\QooBox folder, C:\WINDOWS\nircmd.exe, and the C:\combofix.txt log that was created.
    3. If we user SDFix you can delete all the SDFix related files and folders from your Desktop or whereever you installed it.
    4. If we used SmitFraudFix, you can delete all files and folders related to it now including the c:\rapport.txt log.
    5. If we used VundoFix, you can delete the VundoFix.exe file and the C:\VundoFix Backups folder and C:\vundofix.txt log that was created.
    6. If we had your run FixWareOut, you can delete the Fixwareout.exe file and the C:\fixwareout folder.
    7. If we had you run Avenger, you can delete all files related to Avenger now.
    8. If we had you download any registry patches like fixme.reg or fixWLK.reg (or any others), you can delete these files now.
    9. You can delete the ShowNew.Zip and GetRunkey.Zip files and the files that you extracted from the ZIP files. You can also delete the C:\newfiles.txt and C:\runkeys.txt logs that were created
    10. If you are running Windows XP or Windows ME, do the below:
      • go back to step 8 of the READ & RUN ME to Disable System Restore which will flush your Restore Points.
      • Then reboot and Enable System Restore to create a new clean Restore Point.
    11. After doing the above, you should work thru the below link:

13. babybearfan

babybearfan Private E-2

Thanks for everything. You have been awsome. GEEKS RULE!!!!!!

14. chaslang

You're welcome. Surf safely!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds