Cmedia Control Panel

Discussion in 'Software' started by metalgearcol, Aug 28, 2014.

1. metalgearcol

metalgearcol Private E-2

Hi all, hopefully someone here can help me with this.

I recently bought a Cmedia 5.1 surround sound card (cheap and cheerful) and after a bit of messing around I got it all working fine with Windows 8 (drivers from Cmedia website) - however there is no 'front end' software (as shown in the user guide) for me to control the various settings outside the basic windows one.

Can anyone tell me if there is some software out there that I can use with it so I can change settings.

I had a Xonar DG before this (which I should of just bought another one) that had a great control panel but this seems to have nothing :confused

Thanks for your help in advance!

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Here is the page with 9 drivers http://www.nodevice.com/driver/company/C-Media/SOUND.html
    though they say drivers for Windows 7, none are showing Win 7 in the OS column.
    Note that some of the driver downloads contain Audio Rack, which I assume might be a control panel. I could find no standalone version of Audio Rack for download.

What is the exact model of your C-Media card?

3. metalgearcol

metalgearcol Private E-2

4. metalgearcol

metalgearcol Private E-2

update - model is CMI8738 and following that link you posted there does seem to be an Audio Rack link :-D

Will give it a go tonight - fingers crossed and thanks for your help this far.

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

6. metalgearcol

metalgearcol Private E-2

Cheers for that mate - pretty sure that is the driver I installed to get it to work with Windows 8 but this doesnt contain the Audio Rack software :confused.

Will check for further card details when I get home this evening.

7. DavidGP

Hi

Give it a go and let us know, I did try and look for a Prosound website as they are the OEM, but nothing come up apart from professional services and dont think they are the maker.

Sadly some OEM cards don't have all the control panel options you'd love to have, they use the basic drivers and whatever controls Windows gives, which is not a great deal.

Some options to find better audio controls comes when a motherboard maker has used that exact audio chip and they add controls to the drivers, but that's like looking for a needle in haystack at times.

8. DavidGP

Hi as an update to above, I was checking updates to my motherboard at ASUS, so took a look at their audio cards and this one HERE using the same chip as yours so worth a try and Downloads HERE and with one of my world famous speed reads of the manual it does have Audio Controls, maybe what you need.

9. metalgearcol

metalgearcol Private E-2

Thanks again - funnily enough my old PC had a Xonar DG and it was perfect so if this works that would be great!

Will try tonight - cheers

10. metalgearcol

metalgearcol Private E-2

Nice try but no cigar im afraid as the installer cannot fine the ASUS card :(

I shall keep trying though and that you for all your suggestions so far

11. metalgearcol

metalgearcol Private E-2

My main concern lies with although the card is set up and surround sound working - as soon as I start a game they are all in stereo it sees

12. DavidGP

Hi

That's a pity on the ASUS driver and I see what issue you are having in that audio as general and music is surround but gaming not, and that's a big part of immersive gaming is the audio.

Cannot think of a 3rd party app offhand that may control an audio card as most come form the makers. Is it too late to take back to Maplins and say it doesnt do what you need as Control Panel Audio software is missing and get a different card?

13. metalgearcol

metalgearcol Private E-2

Like an idiot I put the box etc in the bin as soon as I thought it was working correctly rolleyes

My only real option is to just buy another Xonar DG which I should have done in the first place or test it in Windows 7 and see if I get anywhere but I would prefer to keep W8

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds