CMOS always resets.... need help....

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ichieminiflick, Jul 28, 2007.

1. ichieminiflick

ichieminiflick Private E-2

Guys please help me. My CMOS always resets whenever i Shutdown. I see everytime i start up that i have to set again the time and date and also my previous settings....

2. Natakel

Natakel Guest

Sounds like your system battery is dead. They are not hard to replace and don't cost a lot.

They are usually round (like watch batteries) but bigger, and tend to be located on the lower half of the motherboard (around the PCI/AGP slots) , usually more on the right-hand side of the board (nearer the front-panel connectors). They can be located anywhere on the board, depending on the model - but most often they are located as above.

There are some other type batteries out there, but the type described is the most common. Consult your computer documentation, or search on-line for info on the type motherboard you have.

3. ichieminiflick

ichieminiflick Private E-2

Thank you very much.....

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds