CMOS battery + brain fart = ?????

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hopperdave2000, Jun 26, 2007.

1. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

Asus/HP motherboard A7N8X-LA.... it has one of those CMOS battery holders that stands vertically (perpendicular) off the motherboard. I pulled the old battery to install a new one, and now I can't remember which side of the battery holder is '+' and which side is '-'... I parked on a dead brain cell. Can I damage the mobo if I put it in backward and power up? It's not my PC and I really don't want to have to buy someone a new motherboard.... THANX!!!

hd2k

BTW- I did some quick poking around the 'net, and didn't really find much except for an HP schematic, but it doesn't show the pos or neg...

2. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

Sounds a bit daft, but if you have a magnifying glass, you might be able to see the marks of the clips on the old battery, - just an idea.

3. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

I already tried that :( Thanx anyway tho'....

4. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

Nevermind. Problem solved :D

5. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

How did you do it ?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds