CMOS battery error....

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by irishred513, Jun 22, 2008.

1. irishred513

irishred513 Private E-2

Yesterday when I turned on my pc, a black screen came up with information and at the bottom it said "CMOS Battery Low" press <f2> to continue. I pressed F2 and the pc loaded fine. Except for the date/time, it said it was April 2007 12:00am. I corrected it and things seemed fine. When I signed on to the Internet, my cpu keep pegging out at 100% and the pc would become unresponsive. After a few reboots it was fine the rest of the day. This morning I received the same CMOS error and had the same internet problems. My pc is just over two years old......could it really have a bad battery? Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Replace the battery. If it is a desktop, the battery is usually coin shaped.

E

3. irishred513

irishred513 Private E-2

Ok, Thank you.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds