Code 19 error Cd/Dvd drive not showing up

Discussion in 'Software' started by shademan64, Jun 23, 2013.

1. shademan64

shademan64 Private E-2

Hey!

I tried to mount a virtual cd rom to my computer via magic iso and it doesn't show up in the my computer window. After doing some research and deleting the upper filters in regedit and restarting, uninstalling the drivers, etc it still doesn't work. When I go to device managers there is a little exclamation mark next to MAGIC ISO Virtual DvD Rom and TSSTCorp CDDVDW SN-208AB ATA device. I also tried updating drivers and after installing them nothing happens again :(
    I'm getting the code 19 error when I check the properties of each dvd with the exclamation mark

Any help please?

Thanks,
    shademan64

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Where id you delete the upperfilters, where were they at when you deleted them, and what were the names?

Did you check to see if they returned?

3. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Where id you delete the upperfilters, where were they at when you deleted them, and what were the names?

Did you check to see if they returned?

4. shademan64

shademan64 Private E-2

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Is where I deleted the upperfilters and checking it now the upperfilters are here again.

5. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

You need to remove the software it belongs to.

6. shademan64

shademan64 Private E-2

what do you mean? In the reg files?

7. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Nope. Microsoft doesn't use filter drivers. Something you installed (probably cd/dvd writing software) added them.

8. shademan64

shademan64 Private E-2

so I should delete every cd/dvd writing software I have and see if that does the trick?

9. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Thats a start. Refer back to my initial questions if it doesn't. You missed some :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds