Coded Notepad Files to Word Files

Discussion in 'Software' started by TRYER, Sep 13, 2005.

1. TRYER

TRYER Private E-2

Hi, about 6 months ago I had my cybercafe reinstall my comuter. And I am having trouble restoring back my files to their original status. I did get my Word documents back but my mother has files that are Coded in Notepad and im having difficult trying to change them to Word.

I tryed uploading them to Word and Word tryed to dl something to help but i need the cybercafe's Word CD to do that (they have closed down 3 months ago).

Any HELP! in this matter would be appreciated. Thx

(edit) My System is:
    HP Pavilion Windows XP Home Edition (yes my comp sucks=P)

2. QuickSilver

QuickSilver Corporal

Notepad is a very basic, ASCII level text editor.

Word shouldn't require anything special to read these documents at all, and failing getting Word to open them you could try an alternative text editor...

Have you tried using Wordpad for instance? At a push you could load the file into Wordpad, save it as a Rich Text File (rtf) and see if Word opens that... I would just be surprised if Word was incapable of reading a text file right off... It shouldn't requre some additional functions to do this... should it?

Cheers

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds