Color Red on monitor not showing

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by WhiteSugar, May 27, 2006.

1. WhiteSugar

WhiteSugar Private E-2

I really don't know what to do. I need it for some images and such, but the color does not work.

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Right click on desktop ....properties ....settings ...advanced...color management and add a profile ....
    Or ...on the monitor itself, should be a button for menu ...where you can adjust the gamma (if that is not one of the folders in your control panel).:) :)

3. Toni_1947

Toni_1947 Command Sergeant Major

HI!
    ALSO: Check the video cable to see if it is securely plugged in. If that doesn't help, and you have access to one, you could try another monitor to find out if it is the monitor or your video card that is causing the problem.
    :)

4. WhiteSugar

WhiteSugar Private E-2

Thanks for the tip TimW, but WHICH profile do I add? I'm sorry, I'm not good with this kinda stuff.

5. WhiteSugar

WhiteSugar Private E-2

Please help...

6. TimW

Adding a profile may help (when you click add there should be a few ....go with a standard rbg profile) ....also did you swap out with another monitor ...do you have buttons on the monitor which may get you into menu ...colors/gamma settings ...what program are you using to view/edit pic's with? Some have a set up for the monitor to adjust gamma ....:confused: :confused:
    What tabs do you have in the advanced section of the settings?

7. WhiteSugar

WhiteSugar Private E-2

It's not really my PC that I'm typing from right now. It's my brothers, and he tried the standard RBG profile, it still stayed the same.

8. TimW

And the rest of the questions?

9. WhiteSugar

WhiteSugar Private E-2

Toni, it HAS to be the monitor because my brother used to switch my monitor with his and hope I wouldn't notice that he switched and that I had no red color...

10. WhiteSugar

WhiteSugar Private E-2

do you have buttons on the monitor which may get you into menu ...colors/gamma settings ...
    Yes, you mean in like the button on the monitor which I just turn the knob?

What program are you using to view/edit pic's with? Some have a set up for the monitor to adjust gamma ....
    I think he uses microsoft fax viewer or whatever it's called

What tabs do you have in the advanced section of the settings?
    I'm real sorry, but this geek is so busy playing a game he said he will do this later. I asked him to use mine while I figure out his monitor, but he literallt cannot get off the PC for 3 minutes.

11. TimW

12. WhiteSugar

WhiteSugar Private E-2

yea, thanks TimW, he has to get off soon, he's been on for about 6 hours and parents starting to get mad. I will tell you soon...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds