Colour problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by CISWO, Jan 14, 2008.

1. CISWO

CISWO Private E-2

Howdo. Basically fairly new to computing so don't all laugh at once!
    Nipped out for a few minutes yesterday and when I returned I found my 13 old telling me my screen had turned blue! Nothing to do with her!!! It appears I've no reds on screen. All blues, greens and yellows. When pc is knocked off the message that tells me its off does show the colour red so that would tell me it's not my monitor. Right? So guys, what's the solution? (Still recovering from Crimbo so don't tell me its gonna be expensive!)

2. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

Hi, welcome to MajorGeeks :)

Can you try another monitor at all?
    Have you tried booting into safe mode?

3. CISWO

CISWO Private E-2

Have done and seems to be same problem!

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Open Control Panel, click on display, then the appearance tab and in the box under scheme try something else just to be sure a weird scheme, with no red was chosen. Click apply, then have a look. Does it change or is it still the same? Do this a few times with different schemes.

5. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Check the cord from the computer to the monitor, a loose or bad cable can mess up colors on the screen. I am assuming you have a desktop computer:D

E

6. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Yup- Fred, you beat me to it! I've seen this happen quite a bit when the video cable comes loose..... it may also be the video card if adjusting/reseating the cable doesn't help.

7. CISWO

CISWO Private E-2

Was the cable after all. Panic over. I now have a new set of heroes. Can't thank you guys enough. Cheers

8. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Glad you got it fixed. And for cheap too! :D

E

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds