command prompt

Discussion in 'Software' started by ale87, Nov 4, 2004.

1. ale87

ale87 Private E-2

hi everyone

i recently bought an iomega floppy plus (USB) because the laptop didnt come with floppy drive, all of this because i have zipslack wich is a version of linux but it runs within the same operating system with no need to partition the HD.
    so i create (format) a floppy disk so that i can start the system in dos mode, so i can run and configure linux. but there is A problem...

the prompt looks like this:

A:> some like that, so when i try to change directory (where i have linux) which is in drive D:\linux it says drive not found or something like that...and plus the command prompt's title is not the same as the one on windows xp.
    so my question is, if am doing something wrong when creating a boot disk, please correct me. Or, how can i surf within dirs when i start the system with command prompt without receiving "drive not found" errors.

2. Corporal Punishment

Corporal Punishment Administrator Staff Member

My first thought: Is your win xp hard disk NTFS?

I havent used one of those recently, but there are a bunch of tutorials here http://tinyurl.com/3q4wp that may help you.

3. ale87

ale87 Private E-2

yes it's NTFS

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds