Comodo CIS email scanning ????

Discussion in 'Software' started by wombat01, Jan 3, 2009.

1. wombat01

wombat01 Private E-2

Hi Guys
    Does anyone know if the Comodo CIS package scans my incoming emails for nasties. I did use Avast and I am pretty sure that it scanned emails but cant find any info on Comodo
    Any help appreciated
    Regards
    Michael

2. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

No it does not.Comodo's philosophy here is that malware has to hit the memory or the hard drive to get activated. And those 2 parts are scanned. All other "scanners" won't add anything to your protection level(s).

So for example if you receive an email with an infected attachment you won't get an alert, if you try to open/save it you will. This reduces resources and yet makes CIS a very fast, light & powerful Suite.

3. wombat01

wombat01 Private E-2

Thanks Lev. Now I understand - I am really liking Comodo as a package seems to work very well. Glad to see that you have found your spot in the world - I, myself left the UK 45 years ago and now live (in my opinion) in God's country up in the hinterland in the hills west of the golden beaches of Surfers Paradise Queensland - current temperature at 1205pm is 33 degrees centigrade (or celsuis to use the new terminology. Thanks again for your help
    Michael

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds