Comodo Firewall and Zone Alarm Free question

Discussion in 'Software' started by blt, Dec 18, 2006.

1. blt

blt Private E-2

Due to ZA's conflict with uTorrent, I was forced to uninstall it. So I downloaded Sygate's Free Firewall (in part due to MG's recommendations.) It's okay but the attack history graph shows nothing whereas in ZA is says someone is intruding every several seconds. So I installed Comodo and I must say I really like it. The traffic icon feels like Christmas! (lol) Anyway, on logs there are fewer incoming intrusions than outgoing ones. Does this means some intrusions are not prevented like in ZA does?

2. nitecrawler

nitecrawler Guest

All the leading software firewalls you mention, will react differently depending on both how they are configured, either by default, or personal user settings!

Not all incoming and outgoing connection requests are considered 'intrusions' as you say, most are likely programs you have installed, intending to install, or just about anything that requires your permission for outgoing or incoming data network access.

A properly configured firewall will have all your permissions tuned for those you grant access 'trusted sites', and those you wish to block access for. However, all of the leading brands you have mentioned, should pick up all attemps at connection both ways, and warn you sufficiently, providing they are not already listed as 'trusted'

Anything configured on your 'trusted' list, will be automatically given access without bothering for your exclusive permission again, unless ofcourse, something in the site or program has changed for any given reason!

http://www.consumersearch.com/www/software/firewalls/review.html

Regards....

3. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

I use ZA and utorrent, you only have to let it through at the first start of utorrent. It's interesting how the same program behaves differently on different systems. Go figure?

4. blt

blt Private E-2

No. ZAs true vector engine keeps shutting down.

5. blt

blt Private E-2

Ooh, now I get more inbound reports.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds