Comodo Firewall + Antivirus 3.10.102363

Discussion in 'Software' started by iwunderdownunder, Aug 13, 2009.

1. iwunderdownunder

iwunderdownunder First Sergeant

g'day to all

i am hoping to gets some views on comodo security suite.has anyone had a look at it yet maybe someone is testing the program.
    just installed it on another older computer here at home.the installation went smoothly and the first scan was reasonably quick although the first virus database update seemed to go forever.whats your thoughts let me know.

2. iwunderdownunder

thanks DomLuc for your response,i was having firewall issues with this much older computer which has less than 512 meg of ram.this computer is used by may children for msn and school homework,i was using zone alarm free and avg but just over the past week it seemed to have issues with cpu usage so i was fiddling around with it and thought i would give comodo a try.it certainly does use a lot less resources.
    will be give the program a much closer look to day and will have to see how it performs over a week or so.

3. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

I have tried CIS before and had the same response.
    My answer at that time was to turn off the AV feature and re-install Avira.

4. iwunderdownunder

thanks hrlow2

i like that with this i am only running the one application and since its on an older pc its good to test it out.hopefully they will only improve the program from here on.

5. lifetweaker

lifetweaker Private E-2

6. lifetweaker

lifetweaker Private E-2

I never said it had anything to do with efficiancy of there desktop security products. I just said it was something to be aware of because it came from Comodo.

Of course It is your opinion when you say "It has nothing to do with the efficiancy of their desktop products..." But think logically, if the company Comodo is careless enough to issue certificates to known malware, then why should you trust there desktop prodcuts? I agree that it isn't a big deal, that is why I said "It is just something to be aware of."

7. lifetweaker

lifetweaker Private E-2

I am clearly aware that some of the biggest names in the SSL security certificate industry issue certificates to malicious sites. I also agree with you that linking the user to a short blog and not linking to how the matter was investigated does not include high quality information; but like I have said twice already. I just wanted the user to be aware of the fact that Comodo does issue certificates to known malware, that's all.

8. iwunderdownunder

shall take in all the advice and will continue with comodo and will post any significant information over the next couple of weeks. so far it has significantly improved the performance of the computer as i said it is a much older computer with limited ram.
    i set it to scan daily and the scan time is dramatically faster than what was on it prior,there has been several hits which i have quarantined and shall research them before deletion so far i quite like it as it is light on resources which is good for computers with limited ram and cpu.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds