Comodo Firewall Pro 3.0

Discussion in 'Software' started by hermit, May 28, 2008.

1. hermit

hermit Private First Class

Better than Online Armor or Outpost?

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Latest test results (note the versions of everything)
    http://www.matousec.com/projects/firewall-challenge/results.php

Also note this:
    Source: http://securitygarden.blogspot.com/2008/05/comodo-disappointment.html

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

That's your opinion. I was pointing out what one MSMVP in the Security area is noticing companies bundling with products. I'm not about to get into another round of arguments with you regarding Comodo. (We've been through this before when you were posting under a different nym). I was posting information so the OP could judge for himself.

4. akhilles

akhilles First Sergeant

Output isn't free, is it? The new at least.

Comodo & Armor are about the same, which is one of the best, if not the best. Comodo has HIPS which pops up a window asking you for run permission when an unknown program tries to run.

I use none other than a true & strong SPI driver firewall. It's outdated & unsupported I wouldn't recommend it to beginners. Not newb-friendly. Rule-based. Think Linux iptables.

5. hermit

hermit Private First Class

One last q on this: Will there still be a slowdown of browser speed when one turns off Vista's firewall for another?
    Thank you all for your time & the knowledge you share with all of us!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds