Comodo Firewall

Discussion in 'Software' started by Skade06, Aug 27, 2006.

1. Skade06

Skade06 Private E-2

Has anyone tried the comodo firewall, I am currently using Zone Alarm which does a great job but ive been thinking of giving comodo a run to try it out. Is it as good as what it says? how easy is configuration, any idea...

Link to Comodo

2. maybeok

maybeok Private First Class

Hi,

About a fortnight ago I downloaded and installed their Comodo [Free!!!] "Beta Version 2.3.3.33" Firewall.
    Easy to setup and manage and has within all the info you require!
    Passes all tests I have used!!
    System Requirements;-
    • System Requirements
    • Windows 2000 (ALL)
    • Windows XP (ALL)
    • Windows 2003 (ALL)
    • 64 MB available RAM
    • 32 MB of available free hard disk space
    They provide the free access for "Update Files/data" for the Full Version [Not the Beta] you are using.
    You can access the download for the "Beta" in the Comodo forum. Yes this you will have to subscribe to! [found in the Comodo Web page under "Support" - Left click drop down menu] Their "Forums" gives you excellent quick help!!!
    The Comodo uses the computer system far less than any other I have used!!
    Would recommend you try it!!

All the best

3. Skade06

Skade06 Private E-2

It sounds and looks ok from screenshots I have seen, How easy is it to configure? I will be using it for a small home private network, can I filter an IP range through in the same way you can with Zonealarm and other firewalls

4. Skade06

Skade06 Private E-2

It sounds and looks ok from screenshots I have seen, How easy is it to configure? I will be using it for a small home private network, can I filter an IP range through in the same way you can with Zonealarm and other firewalls

EDIT: I notice you mentioned Beta vers, from the download page there is no mention of it being a beta vers -> Comodo Firewall

5. maybeok

maybeok Private First Class

Go to Comodo Forum, You have to Subscribe to the Forum to access the Beta program link?

Then click on = Comodo Personal Firewall [CPF] =
    Enter in the search field = 2.3.3.33 Beta =

Look in the search results for a heading = "Comodo Firewall 2.3.3.33 Beta just been released" = click on this hyperlink and follow the/their instructions.

The Free Comodo is a fully Professional program and please Note, it is not modified in any way as all the others in creating their Free Version??

The Beta Version and the new release will/do use less computer resources than their older Full Comodo program.
    The program has a very easy method for you to configure/customise it, and also includes/incorporates it's own learning mode

I understand the makers of Routers do have their own firewall installed for your Router [Taken from within the Comodo forum]
    ====== PS do not include my equal signs in the searches =====

Please note there is no built in updating for the Beta Version! [Yes Normal updating is built in for the released full version]

Re your IP Address = enter in this in the search and read the information on same!

Today in the Forum they mentioned =
    They had to delay the release to fix a problem. The official release is now set for tuesday 8/29/06. They had to delay the release to fix a problem. The official release is now set for tuesday 8/29/06.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds