Comodo Registry Cleaner

Discussion in 'Software' started by jamesfg, Dec 26, 2008.

1. jamesfg

jamesfg Private E-2

Hi,

I wanted to know if Comodo's Registry Cleaner is a good product. Is it a good idea to use registry cleaners? Some people have said yes; others have said no. So, I am confused on this issue.

Thank you. Everyone have a wonderful Holiday Season and New Year.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Great question and the answers you have already are both right, dont you just hate it when the Yes and No answer are both right, but there are degrees of cleaning the registry some cleaners just lightly zipp over the common areas that are fairly safe, while some cleaners go deep down and those ones can at times remove items they should not.

Personally while I do edit the registry manually myself, I wouldnt advise that to everyone, so another quick cleaner I do use and suggest is CCleaner and its registry cleaner is fairly safe and allows you to backup what your deleting beforehand, so in case something goes wrong you can replace. Likewise the Comodo registry Cleaner does same sort of job that Ccleaner does and doesnt enter the more crucial parts of the registry and delete items from their, so is "fairly safe" to use.

Its not advisable to always run registry cleaners, just need to run them if you have been uninstalling applications, so that any remaining files are cleaned up.

3. solaris89

solaris89 First Sergeant

I recently tried Comodo's registry cleaner after regularly using CCleaner's; the first scan of Comodo showed almost 1100 issues after a scan with CC's showed 6 (without removing anything). Just a classic example of how it's all in how a registry cleaner is written as far as how deep they scan and what they look for. I think Comodo's products for the most part are very good, but 1100 vs. 6, especially in the registry is a bit spooky. Backup or not. CCleaner, as Halo mentioned, is obviously a safe and not-too-aggressive cleaner.

4. jamesfg

jamesfg Private E-2

Thank you Halo and Solaris89. I will, per suggested, use CCleaner's registry cleaner after I remove objects from my computer.

Happy Holidays and have a wonderful New Year.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds