Compact flash adapter

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BBs575757, Jun 17, 2011.

1. BBs575757

BBs575757 Private E-2

Hi, My car has a built in compact flash reader as well as a 9 gig HD. Does anyone know of/or heard of an adapter that I can plug into the compact flash reader and place a USB stick into that? I have several USB sticks, plus I don't like the idea of maybe bending a pin by constant use of the compact flash slot. Thanks for any help.

2. abekl

abekl First Sergeant

So you want an adapter to plug into your cards CF slot, and you want the adapter to accept a usb stick. Google for "compact flash usb adapter" and you'll find lots of them.

3. BBs575757

BBs575757 Private E-2

Hi Abekl, There are lots of adaptors that allow a card to plug into the adaptor ... what I need is a male card end adaptor to plug into the slot in my car, so I can plug a USB stick into the other end of that adaptor. I have googled for such a device, but all I have seen are the "reader" type adaptors. But thanks for your help anyways. BB

4. BBs575757

BBs575757 Private E-2

Hi Abekl, What I am looking for is an adaptor with a male end that can plug into my car ... and then will allow me to plug a USB stick into the other end. I have googled it ... but all I get is lots of card "reader" type adaptors (which allow you to plug the compact flash card into the adaptor). I'm trying to avoid the use of the CF card entirely. Avoiding bent pins etc. But thanks for your help anyways. BBs

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds