Compaq CD-Rom Troubles

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by RE2LeonS, Aug 13, 2008.

1. RE2LeonS

RE2LeonS Private First Class

I didn't know whether or not to post this problem in Hardware or Software but either way it seems as though when I try top install Microsoft Office onto my Compaq computer, nothing will come up. No Setup will appear and if you go to the CD-Rom folder via My Computer, it will tell me that the disk is blank. I've tried to update the computer, unistall the CD-Rom, and try other disks and it seems that THIS is the only Disk it will not read. What's wrong with it because not even google.com could give me an answer

2. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle MajorGeek

Firstly try and clean the surface of the CD with a soft tissue and alcohol. If this doesn't work how old is this Office CD it may be damaged and you may have to return it. Do you have another PC you can try the disk in to see whether it works?

3. RE2LeonS

RE2LeonS Private First Class

Dude there's not a single thing wrong w/ the CD, I've used it twice at most and it's been sitting in it's CD case the entire time.

4. Speculant

Speculant The Confused One

do you have another cdrom drive you can use in your computer? maybe you could switch out one from another computer it previously worked on.

and just letting you know, an office CD key is only valid for 1 computer. to install it on a second computer, you have to uninstall it on the first computer.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds