Compaq Presario 2200 just stopped turning on

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wildflowergal, Mar 18, 2011.

1. wildflowergal

wildflowergal Private E-2

I unplugged the laptop from the back for one day. It was perfectly fine then. When I plugged back in, it wouldn’t turn on, the light was an amber color, but then just went off and never on again, but a little flash here and there. I thought the battery was dead so I let it charge for a few hours, but nothing. Then I thought the AC cord got damaged by a power surge. So I bough a new cord, but that wasn't it.

I tried taking out the battery and plugging it in also, but I must have the kind that has to have the battery in there to turn on, because there was no change. The power button looks a little sunken in, could it be that. Or can the battery just die so quick without any prior symptoms? I can easily take it all apart and look for obvious signs of lose wires, plugs, etc.... But want to get some advice first.

Please help me figure this out, I don’t have money to go have it fixed somewhere, and I’m able to work on it myself.

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

I guess it could be the switch. But it could also be the mb. :(

3. wildflowergal

wildflowergal Private E-2

Well it was suddenly after I unplugged it and didn't plug back in till the next day. Making me think the battery wasn't holding a charge, or the power button, because it was acting funny before, if I held it down more than a second it would go into the weird boot mode and I would have to start over, by barly touching the power button. Well that's what made me think of that.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds