Compaq Presario 5315KS Shuts down

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tlclgc, Dec 11, 2004.

1. tlclgc

tlclgc Private E-2

I got this from my daughter because she is getting a new one and I wanted a back up for my laptop. I will be working on this and it will just shut down and lock up. The power button is on and the F drive is stuck on. The only thing I can do is hold the power button till it goes off and sometimes that will cause it to reboot. It was loaded with spyware and hijackers, I thought it was a spyware problem, but I restored the computer using Quickrestore and it still does it. I am wondering if it is worth bothering with or if I need to just get a new one since this one does not even have a DVD decoder. I think I disabled the F drive and am waiting to see if taht works, but this is using up a lot of time if that does not work. Any suggestions?

2. ~Pyrate~

~Pyrate~ MajorGeek

what brand of HDD do you have? you can use AIDE32 or everest in the dl section to find out if you dont know or look inside the case ,,, be sure and ground yourself by touching the metal frame

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds