compaq presario C795TU, Upgraded to Win 7 Ultimate, No Webcam detected

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sahiluppal, Mar 16, 2011.

1. sahiluppal

sahiluppal Private E-2

Upgraded the computer to Win 7 Ultimate version. Everything is working fine the way it should but its not detecting the in-built camera. Checked the device manager, it doesn't have Imaging device category or other devices category. Compaq website do not show drivers for Win 7 for this laptop. Ran the SIW system info software to detect the devices connected to the computer, but do not understand anything off it. Have also connected the same over here. Any kind of help would be highly appreciated. Thanx

Attached Files:

2. abekl

abekl First Sergeant

you can try the vista drivers

3. sahiluppal

sahiluppal Private E-2

Point is not the drivers over here i think because the device is not getting detected. That's the main thing.
    But I will definitely try that today and update that over here.

Thanx for reply!

4. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

Hp says to scan for new Hardware in device manager and IF the webcam is then detected to try doing a Windows Update to see if it lists any drivers. I'd try that and see if you can get the webcam detected in Device Manager.

5. sahiluppal

sahiluppal Private E-2

I will try that today.. :)
    will update it if there is any progress!

6. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

7. sahiluppal

sahiluppal Private E-2

A general query!
    Isn't it that a driver will only work if the device is getting detected?

8. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

The first step is to rescan for hardware changes to see if Device Manager will find the cam.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds