compaq restore disk

Discussion in 'Software' started by kc2hse, Oct 1, 2003.

1. kc2hse

kc2hse Private E-2

I've aquired an older Compaq Presario laptop that has a bunch of driver issues. I've attempted to reload 98 but I'm finding it extremely difficult to get the correct drivers. I've tried a number of driver download sites but no luck. I also tried Compaq and they dont offer restore cd's for this anymore. Any suggestions? Or does anyone have a set? If this should be in drivers instead please move Thank you!
    Compaq Presario 1215

2. DOA

DOA MG's Loki

I assume you have been here:
    http://h20015.www2.hp.com/en/any/na...osoft Windows 98&sw_lang=en&pagetype=software

If you cannot find the correct drivers, make a list of exactly what hardware you have. You may need to do a fresh install of Win98 and then use Sandra or some other utility to get enough system information. Your user's manual and online sources are probably best.
    Compaq restore disks will install a ton of stuff you do not want. If you can do this without them you will be better off.

3. kc2hse

kc2hse Private E-2

windows 98 toruble loading

I can't even do a fresh reload I'm having way too many issues!! During setup when windows restarts it sits at the windows 98 screen wont continue to load. If I restart it from there it tries to go to safe mode. If I allow safe mode it says it cant because it hasn't finished loading all the devices? If I do get it to go to the desktop it's very unstable. What next?

Last edited: Oct 1, 2003
  4. Ezaxs99

Ezaxs99 Ether Person

Re: Drivers

What is your set up....I can possibly burn a copy of my Backup/Restore....Drivers for you...?????
    How Old is Older?...or at least manage to send a file with the drivers?:confused:

5. exeter_acres

exeter_acres Sergeant

Tried another OS other than Win98....

XP or 2000? might have better luck with drivers

6. General_Lee_Stoned

General_Lee_Stoned BuZZed Lightyear

I would personally reformat and then go for xp if possible like exeter_acres suggested definitely more chance of drivers
    and i used to have a compaq and they install way too much rubbish for my liking

7. kc2hse

kc2hse Private E-2

Yeah without some upgrades I think we'll stick to 98
    presario 1215 but an old one
    24 mb ram
    2.0 gig harddrive
    dont know the processor but assuming its like 233 or comparable

8. General_Lee_Stoned

General_Lee_Stoned BuZZed Lightyear

yeah sorry about that i didnt know the specs when i reccomended xp
    hope you get it running

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds