Compaq XP drivers

Discussion in 'Software' started by mnemostyne, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mnemostyne

mnemostyne Private E-2

I just bought a new compaq laptop that came with vista. I wiped out vista and installed xp pro, but unfortunately compaq/hp no longer supports xp, so drivers are a big problem. I cannot find the drivers to get my wireless working, and the drivers for my video card won't install. It says it is unable to find the hardware. At this point, I believe the problem is the motherboard, A quanta 30d3. Does any one know if this is the issue, and where i can find Xp drivers for the motherboard?

specs:
    Compaq Presario f558us laptop
    quanta 30d3 motherboard
    amd turion 64 mobile ml-36
    nvidia go geforce 6100 video card
    windows xp pro
    Network Card: Broadcom Corp Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-PCI Card

thanks!

2. Ironsnipe

Ironsnipe Private First Class

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=228&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=3370445&lang=en

according to this, the wireless assistant down there might be what you need. as far as the video driver, http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_94.24_2.html . Also, that quanta motherboard also has a nforce 4 chipset on it. To get all that crap to load with correct drivers try the nforce 4 driver. http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_nf4_winxp32_8.26_11.09.html

These are all worth a shot. LMK how it works. Start with the nforce 4 drivers

3. KALIFAS76

KALIFAS76 Private E-2

4. kentiver

kentiver Private E-2

I have the same computer and the same problem, anybody know if he got it all to work with these drivers posted here?=)

5. jerryampm

jerryampm Private E-2

Hi, I am new here, Nice to meet you guys, I have bought Presario F550EO in Europe. Finally, I got help from here to fix the Drivers problem for XP. I kept all the drivers with me, if you guys want them, tell me your email adress, I will send them to you.

Thanks to Ironsnipe.

Jerry

6. kentiver

kentiver Private E-2

7. jerryampm

jerryampm Private E-2

200MB? how can Hotmail Attachment work?

8. kentiver

kentiver Private E-2

I just need the sound drivers =)

9. jerryampm

jerryampm Private E-2

Did they work?

10. kentiver

kentiver Private E-2

No, you have to use winrar and zip them down before you send them, hotmail deleted the exe file.

Can u ad me to msn? kent.hagen@hotmail.com :d

11. newuserx

newuserx Private E-2

12. smegal

smegal Private E-2

Please send the drivers to me at johncaruso@acm.org
    Thanks!

13. edtex

edtex Private E-2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds