Compatibility issue with Online Armor and Gametap?

Discussion in 'Software' started by BigFatDynamo, Mar 15, 2008.

1. BigFatDynamo

BigFatDynamo Private E-2

Hey folks,

I've been running Online Armor as my firewall, and I have to say that I'm (thus far) pretty pleased. Starting up Firefox is a bit slow, but apart from that, no major issues. It lets me know when other programs are trying to do things, which I like (I'm sure that's normal for a lot of protection-oriented programs).

My problem: I can't run Gametap now. Is anyone out there running Gametap together with Online Armor without any issues? I've tried going through their help resources, but the answer I got from their tech guy was pretty much bunk. He suggested getting rid of SuperAntiSpyware, which I did, though that didn't fix things.

When I go to run Gametap, I get the message: "Your connection to the internet or Gametap servers may be down or blocked by your firewall settings. Please wait a few moments and try again."

I've created the necessary rules in Online Armor to allow Gametap to run appropriately. I've set Gametap to use ports 80 and 443. I'm not very tech-savvy, so I have a hard time trying to figure out the cause and effect of problems on my own... anyone have any advice?

Much obliged,

BFD

2. CJV0729

CJV0729 Private E-2

Hey did you ever find a solution to your problem? I'm getting the same message!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds