Compatible Wireless Repeater/extender

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jools1976, Jul 20, 2016.

1. jools1976

jools1976 Sergeant

I have a wireless network running on a Linksys EA4500 N900 router. The bulk of my devices are installed in my basement using CAT5e to connect to the router, with the remainder of my laptops/phones/tablets running wireless throughout the house (2 storey). I am finding that on the top floor, and outside, I am getting weak (and sometimes none) signals. I have tuned it as best I can to reduce interference, but am still not getting the performance I would like range wise. So now, I'm thinking about using a wireless repeater/extender. I have never used one before, and I was wondering if anybody could give me some advice as to compatibility and quality. Any info offered is appreciated. Thanks.

2. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

3. ben butler

ben butler Guest

4. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Welcome to Major Geeks

This thread is a year old and if the OP (who is a regular user) had needed more help they would have posted here again.
    Please don't drag up old threads.
    Thanks

Just Playin likes this.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds