Compiler Error In Visual Basic 2005

Discussion in 'Software' started by help, Nov 27, 2005.

1. help

help Corporal

I just got visual studio 2005, now my problem is that everytime I run VB 2005, I keep getting compiler errors ("Microsoft visual basic compiler error has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for any inconvenience"). It especially happens when I view the code and designer, the designer just keeps saying no data available after the compiler error. Can anyone help me with this?

2. help

help Corporal

oh great, more errors. I just realized it crashes every time I use any of the IDE's, VB, J++, C#, C++, doesn't even tell me what kind of error happened, mostly happens once I try getting into designer view.

3. Wookie

Wookie Sergeant Major

Should probably try a reinstall or repair if it comes with one. Make sure you install the requirements also before hand. (usually there is a prereqs disc)

4. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

My win2k box gives me grief like this every now and then. What I do is load up the project and open some xml bases file like the web.config if it's a website and for whatever reason, it usually stops the crashes from happening from that point on. I have a feeling it's RAM related though on my machine as I only have 512 on that machine.

5. help

help Corporal

I actually did a full install, and feel nothing was corrupted during the install process, the problem is consistant, I actually can't even use VS 2005. Possibly VS 6.0 could be conflicting, I'm not sure.

6. help

help Corporal

heres some screenshots, not sure if itll help

Attached Files:

• 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      File size:
      92.5 KB
      Views:
    • 2.JPG
      2.JPG
      File size:
      83.3 KB
      Views:
  7. help

help Corporal

actually I've noticed it only happens when I try getting into Design view, after the error it says "unable to create the designer.more data is available"

8. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

I haven't been able to find any information on this. You may want to hit the ms newsgroups and poke around.

9. help

help Corporal

ill try looking

10. help

help Corporal

error signature:

AppName: devenv.exe AppVer: 8.0.50727.42 AppStamp:4333e699
    ModName: msvb7.dll ModVer: 8.0.50727.42 ModStamp:4333e976
    fDebug: 0 Offset: 00008698

11. Wookie

Wookie Sergeant Major

Could be other issues here causing problems with it, maybe the CD has some corrupt files? Any friends have a copy you can try? Have you tried a scandisk? Try taking one of the studios off and trying just one, I dont see this happening, my machine currently has both on but might as well eliminate it.

12. help

help Corporal

I'm guessing that most likely the problem involves conflict with other IDE's, i have several installed from Borland for example, and have VS 6.0 istalled, maybe that's the problem.

13. help

help Corporal

ok, ive uninstalled and now ill reinstall it, wish me luck!

14. help

help Corporal

i still get the same error :mad:

15. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

Don't know what to tell you. I can't find anything on that error message that would help.

16. Wookie

Wookie Sergeant Major

Try reinstalling .net libraries? I dont know if those are reinstalled with visual studio or not.

17. help

help Corporal

everrything is uninstalled then reinstalled

18. aashish_solan84

aashish_solan84 Private E-2

19. puneet28

puneet28 Private E-2

wel i got a similar error
    well i tried everything here but just cant fix it
    please help

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds