Complicated networking problems.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by w0ts0n, Jun 1, 2008.

1. w0ts0n

w0ts0n Private E-2

Ok. I recently finished building my own computer/server.
    Now I have everything up and running every time I use torrents (just the hardwired computer) the access to the web just seems to die. Everyone on the network seems to have the same problem.

At first I assumed it was the switch, but then I realized that everyone still have access to the server.
    The only way to resolve the problem is to hard reboot the router. For testing purposes I have tried a different router but still have the same problem.

It appears after some testing that this issue only occurs when the hardwired computer is using torrents. I have set all computers to automatic I.P. just in case.

Anyone have any ideas? Below is a picture I have made to show the situation.

Thanks

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b117/w0ts0n/situation.jpg

2. akhilles

akhilles First Sergeant

If you're in the U.S., it's no surprise that some ISPs are blocking torrent traffic. Particularly Comcast. There's no solution for this. It's not up to me or you.

3. w0ts0n

w0ts0n Private E-2

No that's not the problem... I live in the UK and I can tell the difference between throttling and no WEB access at all.

I now have suspicions that my router can not handle the amount of incoming connections.. any ideas?

4. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

Actually, Comcast doesn't do it anymore.

w0ts0n - what is your torrent client?

5. w0ts0n

w0ts0n Private E-2

Utorrent. (latest version)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds