Complicated Video Problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by Borsung, Nov 12, 2006.

1. Borsung

Borsung Corporal

Okay guys i have a problem with videos here.

I think it has something to do with my MOtherboard and my AGP video card.

Last time i did a reformat of my computer( i like to do this once every 6months cuz well i just like having a fresh computer to run off of) my video card is a Geforce 6200 OC 256mb AGP. And my motherboard is model P4X400. or copy and pasted here from www.viaarena.com P4 chipsets: P4X400.

Okay so last time i had video problems someone said to download the newest chipsets for my motherboard, which i did. But here is my promblem.

http://www.viaarena.com/default.aspx?PageID=420&OSID=1&CatID=1070

okay the first thing on the list you see for somereason does nothing at all to my computer, maybe im installing it wrong? :confused: But the 2nd one in the list is the one that works. the 4in1 drivers. Okay so when i install the 4in1, my video games play well with no lag or graphic bugs or anything of the sort, but any video files on my computer (.mpg. .avi ect ect) will not play and my computer basicly goes to 100% CPU usage and it takes me like 5min to shutdown the program i was trying to run the video in. Last time i posted on this problem they told me to dl the VLC. player thing which i did.

okay so here is what i did next http://www.viaarena.com/default.aspx?PageID=420&OSID=1&CatID=1070&Old=1
    on this page i tried downloading the 4in1 drivers version 4.53 (which is .1 higher than the one that lets me play games) This one allows my video files to play but my video games( like WoW and BF2142) they play but its really blocky and what not like a graphic bug. I tried all the other ones as well and none will allow both video files and the video games run.

I have the most recent video card driver and i do have directx9.0c installed, this is a very annoying problem for if i want to watch a video i have to install that thing restart then, watch what ever...and if i wanna play a game, same deal. does anyone have any suggestions to this problem? i would be very grateful, specs are in my signature.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds