Compuiter Freezes on Occasions

Discussion in 'Software' started by sbcal, Feb 28, 2009.

1. sbcal

sbcal Private E-2

Since last week, my PC has been freezing without any warning. No errors nor blue screen of threat appears, just mouse and keyboard cannot be used. I have scanned for viruses/malware, it appears to be clean. I had checked the Even Viewer and found the following repeated errors:

Source: Service Control Manager Eventlog Provider
    Event ID: 7026
    The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
    i8042prt

Source: Service Control Manager Eventlog Provider
    Event ID: 7000
    The adfs service failed to start due to the following error:
    The system cannot find the file specified.

Source: HttpEvent
    Event ID: 15016
    Unable to initialize the security package Kerberos for server side authentication. The data field contains the error number.

Source: EventLog
    Event ID: 6008
    The previous system shutdown at 11:19:34 PM on 2/28/2009 was unexpected.

Source: EventLog
    Event ID: 1101
    Audit events have been dropped by the transport. The real time backup file was corrupt due to improper shutdown.

PC specs
    Vista Home Premium SP1 (32-bit Edition)
    Asus P5N-E nForce 650i SLI Chipset
    2x1GB PC6400 DDR2/800 Dual Channel Memory
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4GHz
    500GB SATA-II HDD
    700W PSU
    2x NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

2. Senlis

Senlis Staff Sergeant

The first thing i suggest to people who are having weird software problems is to run a check disk. To do this, open a command prompt as administrator. (Find command prompt in the start menu. Right click and select "open as administrator). Then you can type "chkdsk c: /r" without the quotes and press enter. You will have to restart your computer for it to execute.

You should note any errors it generates, especially if it says you have bad sectors. I will warn you ahead of time that when the checkdisk finishes, the final results dissapear after a few seconds.

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

The mouse and keyboard unable to be used has a link to the first error.
    For the i8042prt error
    adfs has to do with Active Directory Federation Services. I won't venture to try and troubleshoot that.

The Kerberos error may be due to one of the following reasons

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds